
It's so nice when you can combine business with pleasure!
Porters very generously chipped in on my very brief visit to kin in Portland and Marysville before I had to check into the showroom. I was able to fly to Portland, take the Max and then be picked up by Keira and a very cute little Zach to be whisked away to her house where Tia and children ( I assume that was them since they had had the audacity to grow to great heights in my absence!) waited. We then bonded by crafting Keira's day-camp flags...moi providing revised artwork for such. Kiera and I then completed the bonding process by going to the good Goodwill where we did not embarrass ourselves by wrassling over a 1915 novel with a provocative first line. We did say Hi to Russell ( their Goodwill furniture hook-up man) though, before Keira ably whisked me back into Portland to board the Cascade line train... “

"Railway termini are our gates to the glorious and the unknown. Through them we pass out into adventure and sunshine, to them, alas! we return." - E. M.Forster
I have to say that train travel is my most favorite yet. I arrived so very relaxed in Everett which is in stark contrast to my usual mood caused by traversing Seattle and Tacoma by car...the expletives were deleted!
Debbie and I had a great couple of days that included forays into beading, idyllic lunching at fashionable restaurants on the wharf ( with sunshine no less!) and a trip to Details (a must in Marysville!). I traveled back to Portland on Tuesday, again by train...Wandering around Portland's Chinatown until I found the Max again and traveled Tia's way. Dinner and games were great, then off to the hotel to collapse a little. Wednesday was all work ( we finished close to 8:30 pm) and then to a hotel with 3 ( count'em 3!) large queen beds in one room. I've never seen that before. It's too bad we were too tired to bounce from bed to bed. Our flight out was booked for 6:35 am and we ( and the rest of Portland, my goodness there were a lot of people there!) made it! A 5 hour layover in Boise gave us time for a working break and then home to my HSH! I wasn't sure it was my house at first since Wynn pulled a Debbie and put down laminate flooring in the living room in my abscence! What a guy!

4 comments:
Are you a buyer and is Porter's a craft store? So nice for work to pay for your family visits. We just found out my husband has to be in New York when we are supposed to be driving to the family reunion, so the boss is paying for us all to fly. Darn.
Don't forget to show us the floor. How nice for you. I guarantee that would never happen at my house. I have adjusted.
Sounds like a super fun trip. I can't wait to see the flooring.
You are nice to forget my grumpiness when my Costco card disappeared...
Sounds like a busy, but fun trip. Can't wait to see your new floor. We are coming up on the weekend of the Fourth.
Post a Comment