Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Goin' the rounds




Does anyone but me remember Dad's old Model"T"? We had a lot of fun climbing in and out and pretending to drive (nowhere). I don't think that with building our great California house that he had any time to ever work on it and I know it didn't make the trip to Oregon when we finally moved back, but I think it did imbue in me a love for the antique and the different, especially in automobiles... which is why both my drives are over 17 years old and still moving.I wish I could say the same for some of our other "rides". I have been to more auto parts stores this week than ever before looking for just the right $4 fuse for a ( fix or repair daily) car of Tasha's. We did finally get it going forward ( who knew batteries ( the auto kind) were directional?!)
Ahhh
the vicissitudes of transportation. If it's not gas prices, it's breakdowns and with a family with 6 automobiles to maintain it makes for constant challenges. Viva la go go!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

I remember the old Model T. I even remember going for a ride in it...briefly. The main thing I remember about it is that it was more rust than anything else...

I didn't get that same love of "antique" cars. Me, I like a car that's more like the Boy Scout Law...trustworthy, dependable, thrifty, clean, obedient...

Mad Runner said...

I got the dependable gene too. I like looking at antiques but I don't ever want to own one - okay maybe a 1956 T-Bird convertible but it would have to be mint and have the wiring completely overhauled! I would look very cute in that!

m_perfect said...

Indeed you would! We'll keep a look out in all the pastures around here...it's amazing what's "outstanding" in them ( actually a mint condition T-bird would have been kept in the barn!)