
Yes, it was the last we day of September and we were raising our first Christmas tree ( retailers have a whole different calendar). Chocolate brown and teal blue with pheasant feathers and grapevine balls and a lot of glittery things ( surprisingly it works... in a kind of elegant lodge manner). I learned what it takes to stuff and wire a tree together and what it takes to put together an artificial tree ( fluff, fluff, fluff!). Next week it will be all white and gold on a ( "Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland...la, la, la) heavily flocked tree.
Just to let everyone know that if they see me not heavily glittered between now and the end of February they will know I've been fired.
2 comments:
Luckily, glitter works on you.
Christmas is so wrong in October. I refuse to acknowledge Thanksgiving until after Halloween and so on. It is a little sad to have the current holiday trumped by one 3 months off!
Post a Comment