Friday, February 13, 2009

...of champions

The breakfast of heart smart champions...old-fashioned oatmeal and good 'ol orange juice. The question that bears asking is, "How truly healthy is oatmeal that is a definite 50/50 mix with brown sugar?". Ah well, it's the only way you're going to get me to truly enjoy it ( raisins my left foot!). And now we dance to the only breakfast music with true oatmeal references...

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Admittedly, I can only eat oatmeal if it's on the unhealthy side. There must be copious amounts of sugar.

My favorite way to eat oatmeal is at The Corner Bakery Swiss style. It's served cold with chopped apples, dried cranberries, and bananas. It's a shame that it doesn't taste the same when I try and make it at home.

m_perfect said...

Sounds delicious...where is "The Corner Bakery"?

Debbie said...

Gliddy glub gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy
La la la lo lo
Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba
Le le lo lo
Tooby ooby walla
Nooby abba naba?

Is that your oatmeal reference?

I love oatmeal that is approx. 50% oatmeal, 50% brown sugar and 25% cream..or canned milk.

I know there are some wackos out there that put honey on it...but that's just wrong.