Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he.

"You will not apply my precept," he said, shaking his head. "How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!"
This is in response to Mom's mysterious disappearing hair pieces.
They've got to be there, right?!
I, too, am still looking for my largest casserole dish. The one large enough to take a sitz bath in (if necessary). I didn't leave it at a church function ( even I wouldn't be that dumb). I didn't use it as a cleaning basin when moving and for heaven's sake it was just a 1 bedroom apartment! I'm pretty sure I packed it with the kitchen implements and it was a favorite of mine so I didn't give it away ...so in what dimension is it in now? I firmly believe that black holes inhabit the earth in numerous quantities. They swallow any object that crosses your mind and won't disgorge them until the need for it is long past (i.e. you've bought another one, or the event is passed, or you've passed, whatever).
I believe Mom should look in the Christmas box marked Angel hair.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

"dimension"

We also have a quantum singularity at our house. Not only must our car key have fallen into it, but any number of fingernail clippers have disappeared into it.

Keira said...

Is it possible that a black hole can swallow the intangible? Say, all my short term memory?

Frankie/mom said...

Angel hair, huh? Perfect! I will prepare for the dig monday after I do the church cannery, women's broadcast luncheon, followed by said broadcast, sunday meetings, sunday dinner & a bit of snoozing. I KNOW they are here! SOMEWHERE!

m_perfect said...

To Deb- I know it's dimension but my spell checker was screwy and let it slide ( one of those times I was up until 3:30 and a little woozy)
To Keira- Not only probable but certifiable ;)
To Mom- It's the only place to look ( but watch Dad's spelling, he could have spelled it B U L B S.)

BPowerful2 said...

Back in the 80's I watch "The Twilight Show" (stop humming the theme now) and it was about a guy that went to the future. Well it being the future it wasn't there yet. However there were all these guys working at putting the future "together" The guy asked the "foreman" did they ever make mistakes? The "foreman" said "you know when you're looking for something that you know you just had and you keep going back and then finally there it is in the spot you thought or if it's been a while a completely odd ball spot? Well that's us making a mistake" so just blame the future union 5.0 is what I say!