Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Family feasts

I know the family resemblance is uncanny so I couldn't resist.
We've had a couple days of family and fun, tag team dinners, and grandkids a go go ( and I do mean go go!). Tasha was even present for one of the meals since we've discovered the true allure of homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. Porks have been roasted, pasta has been baked, Gaby used her magic touch to make a memorable salad ( I don't know why it tastes better when she does it, but it does!) and apple pies ( Maria made...yum!) devoured.
I just can't wait for Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Keira said...

Carbs...I want to eat some carbs...

m_perfect said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
m_perfect said...

I don't know how you do it! I work at the candy counter in Porters and it is everywhere and I think if they took blood right now it would come out in a very thick tri-colored candy corn ooze.

Debbie said...

Stephanie and I had a talk on Sunday about the upcoming holidays. Since her in laws live so close she always feels a bit torn about where to spend holiday time. Neither of us could remember if they had had Thanksgiving dinner here last year or not, so we compromised. They will have dinner with her in-laws and dessert at our house...since no one here is diabetic. Thus, no pies made with Splenda...

Suzanne said...

Homemade mashed potatoes...and gravy? How could she resist?!

OKTownsends said...

My very first Thanksgiving as a married girl I had no clue how to make mashed potatoes or gravy. It was pathetic. Now I could make them in my sleep. My family has been so thankful.
And yeah, no splenda here. Pass the candy and pie. I also had gestational diabetes and with thankfulness too, there is a cure. She's 11.