I am often astonished at the laxity of our family in doing those things that are truly important...like electing a family mascot. Every state has state birds, trees, bushes, and probably an animal.
I think our family probably could soon match the population of a small (but key!) state(...and thus provide that all important "swing" vote Keira).
Therefore to make sure we are recognized as a force to be reckoned with, should we become a state, I think we ought to adopt the Hammerhead Shark as our mascot.
There are several reasons for this:
- One- it has the word hammer in its name and very few families as a whole recognize how integral and important a hammer is...even to the creation of a great deal of the human world! ( a pause here while we consider this)
- Two- some of us are hammerheads in fact. I, for one, became one last Friday while hanging pictures and moving a ladder where said hammer was resting...briefly. Then it rested even more briefly on my skull ( the lump is magnificent!) before proceeding south to my foot, but hammerfoot just doesn't have the same ring to it.
- Three- it blends well with our family motto ( as told to me by our Patriarch himself)"If there is water, we swim in it." Short, succinct, and not latin.
5 comments:
Agreed. Jeff and I had the opportunity to see the hammerhead shark in Vegas on our honeymoon and I must say it is a magnificent creature. What about a family song??
How about "The World has Need of Willing Men"? (Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel). Not only is it properly religious and rousing, but it might also get our "Honey Do" list done.
Hammerhead sharks are supposed to be particularly grumpy...
Just what are you implying?
Grumpy, ornery...you say potayto, I say potawto...
I haven't read of them being grumpy, but they can be aggressive when working ( like us), they do gather in large groups during the day, but prefer to be solitary in the evening ( hey, like us!). Their biggest difference is that they do tan...unlike us ( okay, Debbie and Suez excepted).
Post a Comment