You would think that a semi-intelligent individual ( such as myself) that has moved around 36 times in her adult life would shy away from any activity that even hints of cardboard, that gives that faint whiff of newsprint used in wrapping precious cargo, that involves carrying anything larger than a pencil up and down numerous stairs. You would think...wrong, apparently. I feel as if life has molded me exactly for the job I now hold. What do I do? Shift and carry boxes up and down up to 2 flights of stairs ( and I am responsible for each and every item in said boxes). Decorate and redecorate on a nearly weekly basis. Manage the activities of a large group of associates daily. I feel like the big sister for North American Van Lines! I am amazed that I enjoy it so much seeing as I am not even finished moving my own self( sigh... I wonder if I could get the Porter's employees right on that little job?)
5 comments:
Packing is a pain in the neck. Un-packing,now, is a different kettle of fish altogether. It's like a treasure hunt...
No wonder you like your job.
Unpacking is fun as long as you don't have to sweat getting rid of packing materials...at work I suppose they have things like dumpsters to magically remove unwanted detritus.
Still looking for such things as 20teaspoons (4 showed up in AZ), 3 of my favorite wigs/hair pieces! Dad did most of the packing; I insisted he pack our bedroom personally & told him NOT to sell anything without veto rights. Preparing self to delve into 'Christmas decorations' marked boxes! Know that stuff is here somewhere!
I never feel fully moved in until I unpack that last box. This house it took me 3 months to finish. In my defense we had a storage unit for 3 yrs packed to the top. It took a lot of negotiating to get rid of duplicates and/or 'man stuff' that I hated. We can't ever move from here because we have accumulated too many memories and even more stuff I do like.
I don't think we can move from here either...the thought of packing everything just makes me cringe.
Mind you, when we moved into this house I was AWOL on a cruise in Alaska. Husband and kids ended up packing the last bits and pieces in garbage bags.
Post a Comment