Saturday, January 10, 2009

Joy Cometh in the Morning

It was a pretty crispy morning when I decided to try and get some sunrise pictures of the pride of Rexburg. Crispy as in I had to keep my camera in my coat between shots so the batteries would keep working...
Not everything I had hoped for but for unretouched ( no available tweaking programs on this computer for the moment) I will take them.
Might I say that dawn comes very slowly when the temperature is below zero!

(keep going- the pictures wandered off)








































7 comments:

Debbie said...

I hope you bundled up - I know how cold Rexburg can get.

The pictures are beautiful - totally worth getting up a little early for (although as far as I'm concerned, I'm usually up at least a couple of hours before sunrise)

Suzanne said...

Very pretty pictures. There are few things that I would do before the sun gets up. Warming up my camera might be one of them.

Mad Runner said...

Makes me think of 'Oh, how lovely was the morning..'. Beautiful shots, Marc! Seems like there were at least three of us up early enough to catch that one!

Yesterday the moon was the closest to the earth this year so it looked huge. Running with it chasing me make it seem a little life like.

Keira said...

Nice. Can't believe you braved the snow...

Sara Birch said...

I love the first shot, it is so beautiful.

Frankie/mom said...

That snow early morning shot is wall worthy or at least a great Christmas card choice. Seems we have a couple of good photoists in the family!

OKTownsends said...

I think the snow shot should go over the couch.