
As one of you might know, I hate to start a series with out access to all the books. Nothing is more irritating than to get just so far with your characters and then be cut off ( did you hear that oh irritating author of the Eragon series!). I didn't read the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy for years because "someone" was generous enough to give them to me and then borrow the first book and never give it back. But all that is behind us now and I have finally ( in my dotage) finished the "Chronicles of Narnia"as well.
I saw the movie first and then was given a cd that was talk about CS Lewis from a Mormon POV.
Of Lions, Dragons and Turkish Delight: C. S. Lewis for Latter-day Saints
by S. Michael WilcoxFascinating actually, and so on to the series.
Not quite what I expected and yet more than I expected. I loved "The Last Battle" and that nothing in the books were politically correct. I strongly suggest downloading the talk, listening to it and then reading the series with your children of proper maturity. How exciting! An adventure book where the heroes are children of their own age and experience...to quote the book..." they might be giants!
2 comments:
Excuses, excuses. If you want to read something, go get it. There's this cool thing called "the public library"...they let you borrow books. Many of them actually allow you to reserve books...
Isn't that funny...I write a perfectly uplifting blog and you think I'm pointing fingers! Could be guilt or paranoia-take your pick!
Post a Comment