
Or... Don Kirkpatrick-Style Setter.
I have found of late that remembering the lessons of my youth do, indeed, help in the golden ( silver?!) years. Don K's creative take on parting his hair has inspired and relieved me of the duty of coloring mine more often than absolutely necessary. If I move my part from near center to a bit more to the left while doing the morning "do" the years just roll back and I am once again nearly grey free
...or is it I just think I am ( insert wink here).
7 comments:
I think you could insert 2 winks.
I know whereof you speak (about the gray). I'm going to ignore/pretend I don't have that much for a couple more weeks- then Miss Clairol and I will have a little get together.
I had to read your post twice before it dawned on me who "Don K." was. If I wasn't so tired I totally would have gotten it from the picture alone.
BTW, I like your new template.
Loved good 'ole Don Kirkpatrick! I always glanced toward the famous 'comb-over' after church, while walking to our cars in the Market St. chapel...waiting for a small breeze to let it fly free if only for a moment! Sadly, the end of his life was drawn out in a 'care center'...couldn't speak or do anything for himself. He had fallen out of his truck while washing it. Thelma & Elizabeth still live on Q st.
BTW girls... The grayer I got, the blonder I got! Keeps the 'line of demarcation' less visible. Works for me!
Marcy, this is Lori. Haha, Don K. style setter, if only we knew then how much work that do took we might have admired for at least his stamina. I read your new husband's child's blog where they said how their Dad had married a wonderful woman and it actually made me cry. I am so happy for you Marcy! Congratulations!
Back to Frankie/Mom--- the whole idea is to keep from having to dye, dye, dye in the first place ( I look so silly with that plastic bag around my head!). Having been a brunette all my life, though, the idea of trying blonde is tempting, very tempting...
Post a Comment